YPC Movie Outing of Miss Hokusai
When: Wednesday October 26, 2016 5:30pm (subtitled movie begins 6:00pm)
Where: Gene Siskel Film Center : 164 N State Street Chicago, IL 60601
Cost: $11 (Buy your own tickets at the theater or on the theater website)
Please buy tickets in advance (it can sell out).
Please RSVP to Erika Kono so we can save you a seat.
Join YPC as we see the Chicago premiere of Miss Hokusai. See the wrold of the 19th century Edo period from the perspective of O-Ei, the famous “Great Wave” artist’s daughter. Stay after the movie for a post screening conversation as part of the Gene Siskel movie club event. This film is in Japanese with English subtitles. We will meet near the concession stand at 5:30pm.
For more information, please visit the theater’s website here.
30th Annual Fundraiser Raffle Prizes
(1) All Nippon Airways (ANA) (1) Japan Airlines (JAL)
Economy Class Ticket to Tokyo, Japan Premium Economy Class Ticket to Tokyo, Japan
Donated by: All Nippon Airways Co., Ltd. Donated by: Japan Airlines Co., Ltd.
*Winner is responsible for tax and fuel charges. *Winner is responsible for tax and fuel charges.
Raffle Tickets: $10 each or 5 for $40
To celebrate 86 years of U.S.-Japan friendship in true holiday spirit, the Society will host its 30th Annual Holiday Fundraiser and Bonenkai on December 8, 2016 at the Union League Club, in downtown Chicago. With over 250 in attendance each year, this event is truly a celebration of goodwill and close friendships between our Japanese and American members. The proceeds from this event will benefit programming and educational endeavors.
We would be grateful if you would consider contributing to our fundraiser in the following ways:
- Donate a gift certificate and/or item for silent auction. Your organization will receive a display board outlining your donation, which will be seen by 250+ Japanese and American executives and their guests. In addition, your company will be listed in an auction book to be disseminated to all attendees.
- Purchase an advertisement. Your company’s ad will be placed in a program book to be disseminated to 250+ Japanese and American executives and their guests.
- Make a cash donation. Cash donors will be listed in a program book to be disseminated to 250+ Japanese and American executives and their guests. For every $500 donation received, donor will receive 1 complimentary dinner reservation.
- Volunteer. The Society seeks volunteers on December 8 for three shifts: 1:00-5:00 pm, 5:00-7:30 pm or 7:15-9:30 pm. If you are interested in volunteering please email Erika Kono at email@example.com.
All donations are tax deductible (FEIN # 36-2480811).
CLICK HERE to download the 30th Bonenkai donor form